Table of Contents
2024 Kia K5 LXS: Review, Specs & Interior – The K5 is an updated version of the Kia Optima midsize sedan. With the broad shoulder stance, as well as stylized lines, this vehicle is more sporty than family-oriented sedans like those of the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. Kia K5 is a great choice for families. Kia K5 provides solid utility and has more storage space than its rival Subaru Legacy. The K5 comes with all-wheel drive, which is ideal for those who have to navigate icy roads. In addition, the cabin of the K5 has a stylish interior and plenty of space.
The availability of all-wheel drive, however, is only available in a single variant. In contrast to those of the Camry, Accord, and Hyundai Sonata, the K5 does not come with a fuel-efficient hybrid model. Not to mention it’s worth noting that there’s a difference between the Camry and Accord are more powerful base engines over the K5. Overall, the Kia is a great choice to consider as an affordable family car that is comfortable as well as competent, and distinctively designed.
Previously known as the Optima the Kia’s sedan that was mid-sized has been renamed the K5. It came out in 2021, and it combines the sturdiness and quality that the Optima was renowned for, but with a more attractive external design.
With its Z-shaped headlights as well as a stylish full-width taillight the K5 is difficult to overlook. The vehicle is an eye-catcher because it’s striking design and sleek front part make it appear superior to a basic Kia. This impression is echoed inside the cabin, where stylish trim options highlight a large, elegant comfortable cabin.
However, inside the K5 lineup, maybe just the GT model runs as fast as it appears. Its top-of-the-line engine puts on plenty of torque However, the K5’s base engine has a certain wheezy. In addition, the steering, handling as well as braking do not provide the most thrilling sensations.
The K5 remains appealing to practical needs. It comes with a lot of features at the price as well as Kia’s extended warranty that provides security as miles pile up. But, this might not be the ideal mid-size car you’d like to choose. It’s mechanically comparable to the Hyundai Sonata and is more refined while it’s more refined than the Honda Accord remains competitive in the latest generation. Both have hybrid options, but the K5 isn’t (although it’s also the only vehicle available equipped with AWD).
The K5 is once more awarded the NHTSA’s 5-star overall safety rating. This is the most prestigious rating for a vehicle’s core. Over the years, the K5 has been named an IIHS Top Safety Pick +, also the most prestigious award that can be awarded.
The entry-level models are equipped with driver assistance and active safety features like front-mounted emergency brakes that are automatic as well as lane keeping assist and high-beam auto-switch. For higher-end models features such as adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitor, and rear cross-traffic alerts are also available.
Legroom for front-row passengers on the K5 is virtually unmatched even when compared to larger models. The second row’s legroom, as well as trunk space, are normal for its class.
Every 2024 K5 model comes with a 10.3-inch touchscreen with infotainment features, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integrated. Inbuilt navigation as well as USB chargers in both rows of seats is as standard. The top tech features include wireless charging pads and a 12-speaker Bose music system.
The K5 comes with its base LXS trim The K5 is equipped with:
- 180-horsepower turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine
- Automatic transmission with eight speeds.
- alloy wheels 16 inches
- Headlights with LEDs
- Side mirrors heated, with power adjustment
- Openers for trunks that are hands-free
- Keyless entry with hands-free operation and button-driven ignition
- Remote engine start
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Upholstery for seats made of cloth
- Front seats that can be adjusted in height
- 60/40-split rear seat that has a central armrest
- Touchscreen infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay as well as Android Auto Smartphone integration
- Sound system with six speakers
- USB ports are available for both rear and front passengers
Furthermore, every K5 comes with the following safety and driver assistance system:
- High-beam automatic headlamps (automatic dimming of the bright headlights to allow oncoming traffic)
- Automatically braking in case of collision. brakes (warns you of the possibility of collision, then applies the brakes under certain circumstances)
- Blind-spot alert with rear cross-traffic alert (alerts you when a car is within your blind spot when you make a lane change, or when moving in reverse)
- A lane-departure mitigation (warns you about a deviation in the lane in the event that a turn signal hasn’t been employed and automatically steers to keep the lane in place)
- System for keeping track of the vehicle’s lane (makes small steering adjustments to ensure that the vehicle stays centered in its lane)
- Alert for driver attention (issues an alert when sensors detect that you are getting tired)
- Alert for leading vehicle departure (tells the driver that stopped cars ahead of them are now moving)
- A reminder of the rear seat (alerts you to inspect the rear seat before leaving the vehicle)
- Rear-passenger safe exit security system (can stop a rear-passenger from opening their doors to vehicles that are approaching from behind)
Specs and Performance
Each K5 model comes with an engine that is turbocharged. The basic model is a 1.6-liter mill with 180 horsepower and 195 pounds of torque. It’s paired with an automatic eight-speed transmission that comes with FWD as standard, as well as AWD accessible on specific models. In MotorTrend tests one FWD vehicle equipped with this engine went from 0-60 speed in 7.6 minutes. Its fuel efficiency is 27/37 mpg highway/city/highway when using FWD or 25/33 mpg for AWD.
To boost performance and power, Kia offers the K5 GT. It is equipped with a 2.5-liter turbo-four engine that produces 290 horsepower and 311 lbs-ft. The power is delivered to the front wheels with an automatic eight-speed transmission that can deliver 5.4-second acceleration from 0-60mph. The fuel efficiency, however, decreases to 24/32 miles per gallon.
The price is $26,515 (including the $1,095 fee for destination) The 2024 Kia K5 LXS comes with premium features. It includes a list of automatic LED headlights, heated and adjustable side mirrors as well as daytime running lights, a trunk that opens hands-free as well as 16-inch alloy wheels. The interior is outfitted with cloth and six-way manually adjustable front seats, and a 60/40 split seating bench that folds the second row with a trunk pass-through feature, ignition, and keyless entry, as well as dual-zone temperature control. In terms of technology, the LXS features an 8-inch touchscreen, as well as the audio system, has six speakers, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto as well as Bluetooth connectivity. The standard list of safety options includes forward-collision alerts and automatic emergency braking. the lane-keeping aid, blind-spot detection as well as rear cross-traffic warning. Also, there’s safe exit assistance that warns you when a car is coming from behind while passengers exit from the vehicle.
The 2024 Kia K5 LXS is the most economical trim on the K5 that comes with attractive basic features like a blind-spot warning as well as hands-free trunk access. This trim is a top pick because it is a good value.